5.2 Cellular and gene therapies
Main inclusion criteria
Discovery and development of cellular, tissue and gene therapies including:
- gene therapy, stem cells therapy, in vitro fertilisation and tissue engineering
- Fecal microbiota transplantation (FMT)
- development of delivery systems
- development of culture systems
- testing in in vitro and in vivo model systems
Advice on research activities
This code is suitable for studies involving in vivo stem cell research particularly tissue regeneration or repair of damaged tissue and generation of stem cell lines.
Cell therapy studies involve a transplantation process but they should not be coded as 5.4 Surgery too. An exception to this is surgical transplantation of bone marrow stem cells for cancer treatment, which is considered a similar process to organ transplantation, and should therefore be coded as 5.4 Surgery.
Excludes basic developmental biology of stem cell fate which should be coded as 1.1 Biological.
Full name of code
|Short name||Unique ID|
|5.2 Cellular and gene therapies||5.2 Cell and gene therapy||