7.1 Individual care needs
Main inclusion criteria
Studies of patients and service user care needs including:
- quality of life, management of acute and chronic symptoms, management of side effects, rehabilitation, long term morbidity and reproductive issues
- psychological impact of illness
- social and economic consequences of ill health
- behaviour affecting disease management including secondary prevention, compliance to treatment and attitudes and beliefs relating to seeking treatment
- assessment of social care and health services needs
- educational or communication interventions to promote self-care or improve health care by carers
- impact on carers
Advice on research activities
Includes research into or promoting management of diseases or conditions by service users such as user education and communication research.
Excludes services users experiences of health services which should be coded as 8.1 Organisation and delivery of services.
Do not use to code for the quality of life component of a therapeutic trial – code for the therapeutic investigation only.
Full name of code
|7.1 Individual care needs
|7.1 Individual needs