7.3 Management and decision making
Main inclusion criteria
Studies into all aspects of the management of diseases, ill health and conditions by health and social care professionals, including:
- attitudes, beliefs and behaviours of health and social care professionals
- investigation of decision making including factors influencing diagnosis, treatment, referral and management strategies
- educational interventions and communication practices
- development of guidelines, interventions or models to assist decision making and management, including identifying symptoms, predicting outcomes and identifying individuals at risk
- testing and evaluating management regimes and strategies
Advice on research activities
Includes research about and relating to health care professionals as individuals.
Includes development of models to aid health care management decision making.
Includes studies about the decision making process in diagnosis and prognosis, as opposed to evaluating the diagnostic or prognostic techniques (which would fall into 4 Detection and Diagnosis).
Full name of code
|Short name||Unique ID|
|7.3 Management and decision making||7.3 Management||
Related external links
Common Scientific Outline (CSO) – 6.1 Patient Care and Survival Issues
Common Scientific Outline (CSO) – 6.3 Population-based Behavioral Factors
Common Scientific Outline (CSO) – 6.5 Education and Communication Research