Methodologies, measurements and research designs
Advice on research activities
There are three codes for classification of methodologies, measurements and research designs:
- 1.4 Methodologies and measurements (underpinning)
- 2.5 Research design and methodologies (aetiology)
- 8.4 Research design and methodologies (health services)
The choice of appropriate code will depend on the overall nature of the research.
- 1.4 Methods is frequently used for statistical genomic analysis
- 2.5 Design for epidemiological research
- 8.4 Design to cover design and methodologies for all types of health care
The methodology codes should be used for the development of novel methodologies, measurements and research designs and not simply for application or assessment of existing methods and measures as part of the research.